- 1st Year English or equivalent
- General strand math
- 4th semester second language proficiency
- 6 units Tier 1 Individuals & Societies (150)
- 6 units Tier 1 Traditions & Cultures (160)
- 6 units Tier 1 Natural Sciences (170)
- 3 units Tier 2 Humanities
- 3 units Tier 2 Natural Sciences
- 3 units Tier 2 Arts
- 3 units Diversity (Can be double-dipped with Tier 1/Tier 2 coursework.)
Required (or double-major)
- Complete 24 units total
- Choose 1 course, 3 units
- 15 units total required from three thematic areas
Food, Society, and Culture (Take 6 units)
Explore how food is intertwined with identity formation, including individual, social, and cultural identities.
Global Food Policy, Governance, and Environment (Take 6 units)
Explore food systems from different perspectives and scales, including the role of ecology, policy and economics in influencing the structure and outcomes of food systems.
Leadership and Community Engagement (Take 3 units)
Evaluate how food systems and nutrition impact health outcomes, community wellness, and overall sense of well-being.