Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our office is closed to the public, but you can reach Food Studies, Monday–Friday 8am-5pm, at 520-621-5749 or by email to email@example.com.
- 1st Year English or equivalent
- general strand math
- 4th semester second language proficiency
- 6 units Tier 1 Individuals & Societies
- 6 units Tier 1 Traditions & Cultures
- 6 units Tier 1 Natural Sciences
- 3 units Tier 2 Humanities
- 3 units Tier 2 Natural Sciences
- 3 units Tier 2 Arts
- 3 units Diversity (Can be double-dipped with Tier 1/Tier 2 coursework.)
Required (or double-major)
- Complete 18 units total
- Choose 1 course, 4 units
- 15 units total required from three thematic areas
Gastronomy in Arts, Culture and Heritage (6 units required)
Explore how food is intertwined with identity formation, including individual, social, and cultural identities.
Food Systems, Governance, and the Environment (6 units required)
Explore food systems from different perspectives and scales, including the role of ecology, policy and economics in influencing the structure and outcomes of food systems.
Sustenance, Health, and Wellness (3 units required)
Evaluate how food systems and nutrition impact health outcomes, community wellness, and overall sense of well-being.